This page tells you who can get a library card, how to apply, and how to use your library card.
Policies and procedures about library cards
- How do I apply for a card? To apply for a library card, you need a photo ID and proof of current address. Proof of current address may be a government-issued ID with current address, utility bill, imprinted address on checks, property tax statement, canceled mail postmarked within the last 2 weeks, or a printed lease showing your address. Application forms are availible upon request.
- What are the responsibilities of the card holder? The cardholder promises to be responsible for all materials borrowed the the account, and will pay for any and all fees on the account. Fees are accrued due to loss or damage of property. If your phone number or address changes, please notify the library. You must obey all the policies, rules, and regulations of the library. Do not loan your library card to anyone else.
- How can I use my library card?
- Checking out books and other materials. Most items circulate for 3 weeksand are renewed upon request. DVD's are 1 week, with no renewals.
- Loan limits - DVD's are limited to 4 per family or household.
- Please return all items to the drop box outside.
- You may renew items if they are not on reserve by someone else. You may renew by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by calling us at 641-847-2233.
- Patrons may ask the library staff to reserve an item for them. Reserves may also be placed through the online catalog system. Log in with your library card number and phone number.
- You may use your library card to access and log in to online resources from our library's website: www.ackley.lib.ia.us